Sunday 17 December 2017

Still waiting...



I TOSSED DOWN A GLASS of skinny latte and now staring across the wide window glass panel. I've been conveniently sitting on this bar stool, alone, amidst a crowd of cultured strangers that have been pacing back and forth while others are having a quick bite and taking their own dose of caffeine. There's a flat LCD screen on the wall-- inaudibly airing the news so I can't blame some of these outgoing passengers who opted to read the daily paper instead, while waiting for their boarding time.

This airline lounge has been bustling since I came in earlier this morning, and despite the orchestrating muffled sound of TV audio, the classic airport terminal voiceover and the continuous clanking of dishes, this themed room hasn't lost even an inch of elegance at all.


MY FLIGHT HAS BEEN DELAYED for two hours... and I was mocked by the irony of having a mobile phone that sent the alarm bells off to wake me up to get ready for my early morning flight but at the same time, the same device also informed me via SMS that my departure time has been moved.

Knackered from the five-day NZ 'workcation', I then decided to reset the alarm and buried myself in the softness of that meticulously-made bed with pillows dressed with smooth, bleached, immaculate linen! I dozed off for another hour.


NOW IN THIS LOUNGE, it seemed that a shot of caffeine from that latté had supplied enough stimulant to awaken my sleepy brain!

Instantly, under the gloomy Sydney sky, I now notice the aircrafts taking off, another three are taxiing on the damp tarmac, and there are passengers down there queuing to climb up the ladder to board a small plane...

What are they up to? Probably a business trip extended over the weekend... or maybe going home to spend the holidays with their family?

How about this passenger sitting next to me in this lounge? He's on his phone and I could smell something 'romantic' going on. Most likely, somebody is getting his favourite meal ready the moment he steps on the doorway... and that lovely young lady over there, a loved one must be have been waiting to give her a tight hug as she gets to her destination.

How about me? Well, not quite.

Today is just another day. Another typical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment