Monday 18 July 2016

Parting Ways

I wish this is only a nightmare... or a page on a novel manuscript of my life that I can simply tear away.  But this is real, I am certain... this is not a dream.  This is where we part ways!

Why can't you stay?  Why can't I make you stay?

All I can see now is a silhouette of yours-- gradually fading away in the dense, winter fog.  Amidst the softly falling flurries that's been filling up your foot tracks, here I am, left standing alone, watching as this heartbreaking scene is unfolding before me.  Absolutely crushed, I am, like the snow beneath my sole!  All I have now are those warm memories of ours-- flickering like these vintage street lamps through the early evening snowfall.  

Good luck on your new job assignment and may you find someone to love somewhere out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment